Maimonides Cancer Center in Brooklyn
Extraordinary precautions & measures so you and your family can feel safe during your visit.
We are pleased to update you on the measures being taken at Maimonides Cancer Center to provide a safe space for patients to receive the cancer care they need. During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, we encouraged many patients to receive their care at home through Virtual Care, or delay their non-urgent visits to the Cancer Center. As the city recovers from the pandemic, we will welcome our patients back to the Cancer Center with new safeguards in place while continuing to offer the improved convenience of Virtual Care visits when appropriate.
Maimonides Cancer Center has taken several precautions to ensure the safety of all of our patients and staff, including the following:
- All staff are wearing face masks and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Our staff observes rigorous self-monitoring procedures every day, including temperature checks, to ensure that everyone who works in our office is healthy.
- We will maintain a physical distance of 6 feet at all times, with the only exception being when a procedure or examination is required to be performed.
- We have spaced our appointments so our waiting rooms are not full. We request that you arrive on time to avoid crowding in our waiting room.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to the practice. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- We request that you arrive alone unless it is essential for someone to accompany you. For patients who require a caretaker, one healthy adult may accompany the patient. Visitors should wear a mask to the Cancer Center – we will provide a mask if needed. We will be happy to include additional family members in important discussions by phone.
- At your visit, your temperature will be checked, and you will be asked if you have a fever, cough, or chills. If you have a fever (100 F or above), we will ask you to go back home, and we will monitor you with Virtual Care visits or reschedule your appointment.
- We will ask you to wash/sanitize your hands upon arrival and upon leaving our practice.
- Our premises are cleaned frequently throughout the day using an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Virtual Care visits are an option, with phone or video options, along with regular in office visits.
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. If you have questions about your visit or would like to reschedule an in-person or Virtual Care visit, please call us at 718-765-2500.
Did you know we also offer a Rapid Assessment Service? Learn More.
The Only Full-Service Cancer Center
The Maimonides Cancer Center is the only full-service cancer center in Brooklyn. It includes Brooklyn’s only fully accredited Breast Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
We are on the leading edge of cancer care, providing the full continuum of cancer treatments and supportive care services in a single convenient location. Our cancer hospital in Brooklyn brings together nationally renowned oncologists and breakthrough treatments to achieve a single goal: fight cancer fiercely and relentlessly so you can get back to your life and your family.
Brooklyn Cancer Center
Maimonides Cancer Center delivers world-class cancer care to patients from New York City. By integrating multidisciplinary care with leading-edge research and technologies, the center offers personalized cancer treatments and services that address the whole person, not just the disease.
Our cancer specialists in Sunset Park, NY are experts at diagnosing and treating nearly every form of malignant tumor, including lung cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer, and brain cancer. When you step into our state-of-the-art facility, you can rest easy knowing you’re entering the best cancer hospital in Brooklyn, equipped with the latest technology and the most qualified specialists. Contact Maimonides Medical Center to learn more about our treatment options and to schedule an appointment with one of our cancer doctors.
We believe the only journey you should focus on is the one that takes you from diagnosis to treatment.
Call Maimonides Cancer Center: (718) 765-2500
Call Maimonides Breast Center: (718) 765-2520